87 Maxima -clogged Window washer nozzle

One of the hood mounted window spraying nozzles has one clogged hole. Pushing a tiny wire thru nozzle opening temporarily clears and allows full spray for a few minutes. Then, same hole cloggs again. Using the wire is not solving the problem.

Will disconnecting the small rubber hose feeding the two nozzles allow repair? Do I need to back flush with water? Seems I have a movable piece of junk in the tubing and moving into the nozzle.

Thanks for suggestions, Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

You might try removing the supply tube from the back of the nozzle and blow the nozzle out with compressed air. If it plugs again, disconnect the supply tube from the reservoir/pump and blow it with compressed air. If those attempts fail, replace the hose. Your local auto parts store should it in stock.

Reply to
Shameless Elmer

This nozzle has a one-way valve in it, making it difficult to backwash. Just replace it, afterall, it is 18 years old. Your dealer will probably have to order it, since it's probably not in stock. My new one on a '91 cost $12. It took about 5 minutes to replace.

Reply to
Bill G