'89 Maxima SE Question???

I am looking at an '89 Maxima SE for a simple car for my son and everything works like magic, except the engine...It turns over fine, the starter sounds great and everything seems to be fine, but the engine will not catch, it never starts, it just turns and turns. Battery is fine. Plugs are fine. Injectors and rail are clean. Curious if anyone has had this problem or can help me, think it may be part of the fuel system somewhere. Changed the fuel line as well as it was rusty, no leaks anywhere???? Thanks in advance

-Very Confused Ben

Reply to
Ben

Did you check your fuel pump fuse?? Chris

Reply to
Chris H

Reply to
ronm

Check the fuel pump fuse. Replace the fuel filter which is next to the brake booster on the firewall.

C.H.

Reply to
Chris H

could this be an intermittant +battery cable?when they get old this can happen.a high voltage reading across the cable using a voltmeter means it is getting ready to open and conduct no current.i hope this helps.

Reply to
jim mcguire