1994 maxima VS 1995 maxima

Other than body style is there much difference in the 94 and 95 maxima? Reliability?motor? etc

thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Yeah a lot of difference. The 95 will be more fun. Engine, faster, size etc. If you can, pick a 96 or 97 since they have fewer issues.

Reply to
Dave

I think the older generation feels a little sportier, the 95 and later, a little more luxury-car-like. Add a strut tower brace to a 95 SE, and it's sporty enough. Mine is sporty enough for me anyway. For the earlier ones, only SEs are 190hp, later, all are. The 94 SE uses variable valve timing, and I understand is less reliable than the 95 motor, which does not.

Reply to
David

The 92-94 SE has the VTCs which do tend to tick (mine hasn't yet) The 94 SE has the same amount of horsepower as the 95 but has the advantage of weighing less, and having a Fully independent Rear suspension. I personally happen to like my 3rd gen and was told by a customer who has a

95 that mine is the better car
Reply to
Brian

The 95 engine is 100 lbs lighter (with timing chain instead of belt) and the car totals 138 lbs lighter (3010 lbs for 5-spd). The multi-link beam axle was designed for better ride and handling than previous rear struts.

I have one of the first 95 SE 5-speeds off the boat (purchased May 94) and it is still going strong. I replaced struts and lower control arms at

100,000 miles, but it had been through a lot of competition driving up until the last couple of years (Solo II and high speed autocross). The only non-routine service for engine and drivetrain has been (2) injectors, (2) O2 sensors (1 each under warranty), a starter, and (1) front wheel bearing. Clutch is original.
Reply to
David Efflandt

The 92-94 SE has a chain not a belt

Reply to
Brian

I bought the 94 Maxima GXE....every option instead of leather/sunroof.

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Uhoh that means you got belted! remember to change it every 100,000km/60,000 miles and in case you didn't know there are a number of forums that can help when the need arises including a new one:

well as : max-world.org and Maxima.orgBrian

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Devils Advocate

I was referring to the timing belt. And you are the one who has to feel that you got a good deal no one else. Remember lots of people will say I bought car X for X amount less than you did, But it doesn't mean they got a better deal. they just paid less

Reply to
Brian