'90 Maxima rough idle and driving problems

My car just started have rough idle and driving problems (continues to have miss under accelaration) this past week end. The car has 140,000 miles and I just had the timing belt replaced 6,000 miles ago. I just replaced the dist. cap and roter along with new plugs and ing. wires to try and fix the problem. The idle improved a little but is a long way from fixing the problem. I just put a new fuel filter in today JIC( not expecting to fix problem it just needed to be done). I'm not getting a check engine lite so I'm kind of lost on what to do next. I've thought about changing the ing. coil but I hate to throw money at something it does not need.

Thanks, JT

Reply to
axewerks

Check if the EGR is working or stuck. Also look for loose or cracked or fallen off vacuum hoses.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Might be time to let someone else look at it?

That would be throwing away your money.

Reply to
Steve T

Try replacing the pressurized gas cap. Get the correct one - mine said "pre-vented." Made my 92 SE stop all that rough running immediately. See my post from today 9/6/2004 at 12:03 AM. called "Mystery Solved."

The cap cost me $5.99 or so. Easy to try this - it made my Max purr again.

Reply to
NetComputerGuy