91 Nissan Maxima with a clutch that is getting stuck on the floor

We have a 91 Nissan Maxima with what can best be described as a clutch that is too loose. If we push too hard (not excessivly hard) on the
clutch, it sticks to the floor. We can pop it back up eaisly. It's most noticable when the car is in first gear or reverse. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you need to do to fix it and what is the general cost range?
Thanks!!
Have you checked the fluid level on the clutch master cylinder?
If you have, it sounds as if you have a defective clutch master cylinder. If the problem were the slave cylinder, you would see it leaking.
Good luck
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On Jun 4, 7:17 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It happened to me and turned out to be the car matts! No kidding. Glad it turned out to be a cheap, quick and easy fix.
CD