91Maxima Interior Dome Light Doesnt Turn On

My 1991 Maxima interior dome light doesn't turn on when the doors open, even though I have it on "Door", but I know it works - is this fixable? How? Can I do it myself?

Reply to
DeeLove

suggest you dump the lemon !!!!

Reply to
hi-ho

..how helpful of you!

Reply to
DeeLove

You have tried replacing the bulb, right?

Reply to
TeamZebra

Yes, I tried that last night. I dont know much about cars (obviously!) - could it be a fuse?

Reply to
DeeLove

Does it turn on with the switch? If so, then make sure the switch is set to turn on when a door is opened and check the buttons on the doors. If not, then look for a fuse or a burned out bulb.

Reply to
E Meyer

Yup - its set to "door" so it must be the fuse. Thanks!

Reply to
DeeLove

Does the light come on when you move the switch to the On position? If it does not, then think fuse, dome light switch problem, wiring problem.

If it does come on in the on position then it could be the door switch. The door switch, located at the bottom of the center pillar, has a philips screw that may get rusted. Just unscrew and screw it again, several times, to guarantee that it is grounded properly.

Reply to
AS