95 max EGR Control (EGRC)-Solenoid Valve

How many egrc solenoid values does a 95 max have? The haynes man says only

1 but dealer says 2. If 2, how do I know which one is bad? What's the easyist way to fix it? Thanks!
Reply to
jm1468

i replaced the EGRC and the code went away.

Reply to
jm1468

I got the same codes off my ECU (knock and EGRC solenoid valve). I replaced the EGRC solenoid valve but my check engine light came back with the same exact codes. I don't know what my next step should be.

When you changed your EGRC solenoid valve, did you notice that there is another solenoid valve next to it that is a different color. The replacement part that I got was black so I naturally swapped out the black one mounted in my car but I noticed an almost identical valve that was red in color and mounted upside down fro the orientation of the black one. I'm assuming I did this correctly as I consulted the Hayne's Manual too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
wayman88