96 Maxima O2 problems

Both of the upstream O2 sensors are setting error codes (unable to obtain closed loop). I monitored the output of each one and they appear to be functioning properly. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Reply to
adupyours

There is a recall on this (O2 Oxygen sensors). Dealers have to replace the sensors, no charge.

Reply to
Cormagh

I tried this. I took it to the local Nissan stealership and they checked the vin and it was not part of this "program". They then quoted me 2 O2 sensors at $160.00 each before installation. They said the ones in it were not factory, I dont know if this is true or not. They also gave me the spuel about factory parts and how much better they are...

Reply to
adupyours