97 Maxima hard start!

My mechanic has done all your suggestions...still is hard to start...any other ideas...thanks

Reply to
paperguy

My 95 maxima was hard starting if the engine was cold. Would always start easily if the engine was warm. Too make a long story short it turned out to be the ignition switch wiring harness. There is (for my car) an extra contact between run & 'starter engagement' that sends an 'early start' signal to the computer.

Guess the signal is used to adjust amount of fuel during cold start situations. Part was ordered from autozone & the new part arrived in a Nissan box. Took about one hour to install. Cost was around $30.

Reply to
2cents