ADVICE ON FRONTIER OT??? HELP! :)))

I would like to know how good or bad this truck is, It's a Nissan Frontier XE I believe, the plain jane flat bed, no thrills two door, Year 2000, 180,00 MILES, (YES, 180,000) AC, 4 cylinder, automatic, one owner, highway miles, well maintained. drives and feels great. Asking price is $3,600 kelly book dot com says about $3000-$4000

I'm wondering how well the tranny and other items will hold up, I think the engine will do another 180k miles, not sure the auto tranny will, even though it shifts very smooth.

any thoughts? any advice? THANK YOU ALL sorry for posting in altima and maxima folks, perhaps some of you have these as well :)) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Owner of Nissan 1990 Z32 300ZX :::wrecked after Katrina :`(( Datsun 1982 280ZX 5 speed.

Reply to
full

I would like to know how good or bad this truck is, It's a Nissan Frontier XE I believe, the plain jane flat bed, no thrills two door, Year 2000, 180,00 MILES, (YES, 180,000) AC, 4 cylinder, automatic, one owner, highway miles, well maintained. drives and feels great. Asking price is $3,600 kelly book dot com says about $3000-$4000

I'm wondering how well the tranny and other items will hold up, I think the engine will do another 180k miles, not sure the auto tranny will, even though it shifts very smooth.

any thoughts? any advice? THANK YOU ALL sorry for posting in altima and maxima folks, perhaps some of you have these as well :)) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Owner of Nissan 1990 Z32 300ZX :::wrecked after Katrina :`(( Datsun 1982 280ZX 5 speed.

Reply to
full

...180,00 MILES, (YES, 180,000) ... List of controversies:

- Its the miles that kill... why would you want that? Surely there are also low mile vehicles available.

- My 89 Stanza 2.0L, M/T, 170kmiles running strong. Chassis starts rotting...

- Happy lo miles: Maxima -93 with 85k miles.

One Tranny q.: Tranny oil mfg's promise 20-30k miles for their oil. Has its tranny oil been changed 5 or more times? Is there proof?

Reply to
Wiikinki
180K on a properly maintained KA24DE engine is nuthin !!

I have and still do see the old Altima's come in with well over 250K on them and still running strong.

the tranny like the engine with proper maintenance will last, besides if the tranny takes a dump you can get one from a bone yard for around 500 bucks and be back on the road in no time.

I'd offer him 2500 CASH on the spot, If he baulks then turn and walk away. My bet is he will give it to you

Reply to
NissTech