Air Bag light flashing on 98 Maxima

My Airbag Light on my 98 Maxima has started flashing red (120,000km). I understand that my airbag system is now not working. Is there a reset process for the airbag computer? Is there a code that is part of the flash? (I counted 30 flashes then gave up on waiting for any kind of a pause.) Anybody had any experience with this phenomenon and can offer some suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Gord snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Reply to
gpope

You have to put it in diag mode. Download the FSM from

JimV

most likely you have got a problem with the side impact air bag module (the one mounted in the seat)

nissan has a countermeasure harness that stops this problem .

It's not under warranty so don't go to your dealer and bitch

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
JimV

As a follow up, thanks to the advice of those on the forum, I did download the shop manual, I did figure out how to put the flashing light into Diagnostic mode, and I did figure out that the code pointed to the Right Hand Side airbag. Just like Niss Tech predicted. So I endeavored to put the light back into user mode by following the simple instructions. To no avail. And then last night, the light stopped blinking altogether. I am cured! A self healing Maxima! What a great car!

Thanks for your help folks!

Gord

Reply to
gpope