Clutch Pedal Vibration

2002 Maxima SE - Not sure if this has been this way all along and I've never noticed or if its new. When I first step on the clutch, I can feel
vibration in the clutch pedal within about the first third of pedal travel. The "vibration" is really more like feeling something rotating. Car shifts fine and there is no slipping.
Anyone notice this on their 5th gens? I've been driving manuals for 21 years, so I don't think its abuse or technique. Car is out of bumper to bumper warrranty period based on time but has only 28K. If this is a problem, should a mechanical defect be covered under the 5 yr/60K powertrain warranty?

Sounds like the thrust bearing. Greg.
Greg wrote:

Or a sticky master or slave cylinder.I doubt they would be anxious to fix this, but maybe if you pushed hard enough.
Sounds like an imbalance or run-out problem with the release bearing or pressure plate. It could be signaling that the bearing itself is failing. If this is the case, you will probably notice a fairly rapid deterioration accompanied by noise. Personally, I'd wait it out for a while and see if it worsens or starts growling.
Professor www.telstar-electronics.com