door panel removal - 1993 Maxima

Help with 1993 Nissan Maxima door panel removal on front passenger side. I need to get to the power window mechanics as the window is down and won?t go back up. I can hear the electric motor when I press the up and down button, but nothing happens. I think the gears are out of alignment and need to be adjusted. I can disconnect all the edges of the door, but some attachment is securing the middle of the panel and I can?t find out how to find the release that secures the panel.

Reply to
nisep944

Under the inside door handle, there is a plastic cover. When you remove it, you will have access to two screws, one or the two of them (do not remember) needs to be taken out. Additionally, on the upper part of the hand rest (not the arm rest), there is another screw under a plastic plug.

You can download a service manual for the 94max for free, useful for your car too at

Good luck

nisep944 wrote:

Reply to
AS

Thank you for the assist and it worked. Now to deal with the second metal panel beneath the door panel. And your ref to carfiche sure opened a great source for future repair problems. If fact I may have to wait until they put the 1993 max fiche back on the site before I get this done.

Reply to
nisep944

I doubt carfiche had or will have the 93, but for sure the 94 will cover most of the 93. given that both years were the J30 model and most changes from 93 to 94 were cosmetic.

Good luck

nisep944 wrote:

Reply to
AS

carfiche finally made the 94 max available for download. It will stay on my computer for future ref, but my task on the door panel is too simple and is not included in the manual- LOL- simple task for simple people. I'll just charge ahead and thank you agin for your help.

Reply to
nisep944

I am sorry I got sidetracked by the panel issue and had forgotten to comment on the real problem. What you probably have is a defective window regulator, known to fail on this cars. Retails for about $60 and it should take care of all your problems.

The panel removal and the very few > Help with 1993 Nissan Maxima door panel removal on front passenger side. I

Reply to
AS