driver side window concern on 03 Maxima SE

Recently I have found that my driver side window on my 03 Maxima goes to the top of the window, then on its own moves back down to about 2 thirds. I have read several reports of this happening to others as well. I brought it in to Nissan to diagnos, they said the motor had to be replaced----450 dollars. That seems a bit outrageous to me!!!! Any words of advice.

Thanks,

Jesse

Reply to
jconant1025

I had the same problem when I bought my 03 SE about two years ago, the dealer I bought it from fixed it, don't know what they did. Just last week it started again, I find that it only does it on the automatic up, when you partially pull the window switch to make the window go up, it won't reverse at the top. Anyway, here's a link to a reputed fix, apparently all it takes is a reset, but you have to take the door panel off.

John Smith

Alright thanks-You might save me some $$ I appreciate that.

Reply to
jconant1025