Enhancements and upgrades

Hi All. Been on the forum for a while and have read some interesting posts. Currently thinking about adding some accessories to my 98 Max GLE. Front Strut bar, rear sway bar, cold air intake. I live in New Jersey and am wondering if these things will really make a difference. Also, maybe some people can tell me what changes they've made to their systems. Thanks.

Mel

Reply to
Mel Gattis

Check out the forums at

you will find an array of people and opinions about what to do andwhat not to do.

Reply to
Brian

Can't speak directly for the 98 model, but I have installed a front strut bar on my 2000 with amazing results. It really stabilizes cornering, particularly when there are bumps in the corners. I spend a good bit of my drive on the freeway to work, and have noticed a much better feel on bumpy exit ramps. The stock setup was stable, but felt like the car lurched on bumps. Now the front hops a little and the car stays more on track. I liked it so much I installed one on my

2000 Accord. Definitely a recommended item. I bought mine for about $65 from Courtesy Nissan's online store. Check it out....

Reply to
Miles Teg

Front strut bar is one of the most useful and common accessory that you can add to your maxima and benefit from it. They say that the rear sway bar doesn't help much. For installing info,

~SP

Reply to
ThunderMax

Rear strut bar doesn't help much, but rear sway bar does.

For handling, add the front strut bar, rear sway bar, and maybe better shocks, tires, wheels.

For power, add a y-pipe and muffler, and maybe an intake.

Dave

David Geesaman

So What do you think? By howmuch would the HP increase on Adding a Y pipe and a better muffler.

How about converting from a single to a dual exhaust system? Would that add some more hp?

And what's a difference between a rear strut bar and a rear sway bar?

Reply to
TurboCharged

Dunno exactly, 15-30HP maybe. If you want significantly more power, buy a more powerful car.

Probably not, and if it did the cost would never be worth it.

Sway bar attaches at the ends of the axles, the strut bar connects the top of the shocks and is mounted in the trunk.

I suggest searching maxima.org for a couple of hours and you'll learn much more.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman