fuel pump

Does anyone have problem with the fuel pump? I have a 2000 GLE model, and the damn thing is dead at less than 60K miles!

Reply to
weinapril

Are you sure the pump is bad? Thousands of fuel pumps are replaced every year that are perfectly good pumps.

Reply to
Steve T

Did the filter get replaced at say 15to20K? If not I have seen the filters so clogged that they produced a high pressure drop and this kills a fuel pump quick.

Reply to
Shines

There's no filter to replace on an '00. The pumps rarely fail, but anything is possible.

Reply to
JimV

So does running very low on fuel also Kills fuel pumps but in 60k that short of time cant see it happening maybe you got a defective one?

Reply to
johnin