Problem with a 5-speed '96 Infiniti I30

Hello group,

I realize that this is not the Infiniti group, but the cars are twins as far as I know mechanically (correct me if I am wrong here) and heres the problem. I was driving on a beltway yesterday at about 65mph in

5th, and when I tried to downshift to 4th - I couldn't. It wouldn't go in, feels like the shifter doesn't go far enough to engage, the gears just grind. The same thing happened in the 2nd gear as well. Interestingly, the 4th came back a few minutes later, but the 2nd is still dead - no matter how I play with the cluth, it doesn't engage and just grinds and throws the shifter back out. Any ideas?
Reply to
slutskov

- no oil in the gbox?

- shifter linkage bushings worn out

- the rabbit u drove over the other week, is still there...

Reply to
Wiikinki

Europe doesnt belong to that world... maxima here is maxima as it looks like a maxima...

btw, a clucth issue would affect all gears.

Reply to
Wiikinki

Nope. The 3rd gen maxima, 1988-1994, looks the same all over the world. The 1995-1999 USA Maxima, and I beleive the 2000 onwards as well, are unique to the USA. it's just a body style change. Same doors, engines etc, though.

The 1995 and onward Infiniti I30/I35 etc in the US is the 1995 and onward Maxima in the rest of the world, including Europe.

CD

Reply to
codifus

I Dont really know what u mean: I drive 2k2 maxima that goes like tractor due to stiff axle, looks like maxima, is labeled maxima, is maxima - an I live in Europe goin all over seein maximas labeled maximas.

...btw. these rear axleS is why I prefer drivin -93 - maxima:

Wiikinki

to stiff axle, looks like maxima, is labeled maxima, is maxima - an I live in Europe goin all over seein maximas labeled maximas.

Does your Maxima look like this?;

CD

Reply to
Codifus