help!!!!!!!

i have a hoopty, and shes broke down i have limited income and am trying to repair myself i think its a simple problem but i am auto ignorant to an extent but need my car desperatly, please help!!!!! the trouble is...... on my 82 datsun maxima i replaced the starter it worked well for a day or so but would occasionally "clunk" when turned over, now she wont start at all :( she whines out when turned over or makes no sound at all, someone sugessted "shims" but that didnt work, unless i did it wrong, i had the starter tested it tested fine, what next?????????????

Reply to
gNASH