Identifying Ignition Coils

I have determined that the #6 ignition coil needs to be replaced for my 2000 Maxima. After looking through the Owner's Manual, I cannot figure out which the 6th one is. I know there is a left and right side, but I was wondering what the sequencing of the coils are. I am planning on installing it myself and want to make sure I replace the correct one. Does anyone know this information?

Reply to
apatel

Look again. There's a diagram in the owner's manual somewhere near the back showing the cylinder numbering. I'd look, but I traded in my 2K Max a few months ago.

Reply to
Dan

Definitely check, but I think #1 is forward, near the passenger side headlamp, and #6 is closest to the driver.

Reply to
Pat

I found it. It was all they way in the back. Thanks!

Reply to
apatel

Reply to
John Smith

i have a really dumb question. how do you get to the ignition coil?

Reply to
bobn