Keyless system problem

I have a 95 Maxima.

On a couple of occasions since I bought the car, the keyless entry has stopped working. The last time this happened, I took it in to the dealer, they said they replaced the batteries and the thing worked fine. I don't know that is all they did.

Last night, same thing as before, I drove somewhere, got out, pushed the button and locked the car. Came back out a few hours later and pushed the button, nothing. Had to use the key to unlock the car.

Does anyone have any suggestions here on this. I just checked the voltage on the batteries, the two units I have both measure 3.06 VDC, so the batteries are fine.

Do I need to re-program the car to make these things work again. Is that what the dealer has been doing without telling me, and just telling me that all they did was replace the batteries.

The Alarm system still works. It arms (Solid LED for 25 seconds or so) and then engages, flashing LED. The fuses all check out too.

What funny event is happening here?

Regards, rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

I've been in some locations where the RF noise must be bad and I stand right next to the car and it wouldn't work. Same day, different location, I could be across a parking lot and it'll arm/disarm from 50ft away. Might be a lot of RF interference?

Reply to
Mike Walsh

Well, I tried both of my FOB's at home, still no go. Dropped the kids off at the mall and sat there reading the manual, and then did the program procedure detailed inside. Now both Key FOB's work again.

I guess the car forgets sometimes?

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins