Keyless remote programing : DEI system

Hello,

I just replaced the Clifford keyless system with the DEI system on my 99 Sonata. I got a wire harness (it's all wired in now, 2 remotes, and the module). I am trying to program the remotes, but the system doesn't recognise them. I went to HMA web and got the instructions, but it doesn't seem to work. I am able to get the LED to flash 7 times, but the remotes wont program: Here is what I did per the HMA website:

1- Plug the Valet Switch into blue 2-pin port on side of keyless entry receiver (CPU). 2- Plug LED into white 2-pin port on side of keyless entry receiver (CPU). 3 Turn ignition switch to the "on" position. 4 Press and RELEASE Valet Switch seven times. 5 Press and HOLD Valet Switch. 6 LED should respond by flashing seven times. 7 Press button I (lock button) of remote you wish to add. 8 Release Valet button. 9 Turn ignition switch "off". 10 Test each remote for complete function. .. The remotes don't cause anything to happen.

Thanks

Reply to
99trooper

Do you get the LED response indicated in #6? If not, you have some sort of issue with the keyless system or the valet switch (it's not entering programming mode). If so, check to be sure you have the proper remotes and that they operate or good batteries.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Yes, I get the LED to flash 7 times (it flashes 7 times 2 times, then flashes 2 or 3 times) which tells me it is in programming mode. The keyfobs I have do have the correct part number per the TSB (00265-11002). The keyless unit number is: 00265-F1003 (DEI 710 on the unit). So I don't know it the module is bad or what? The 2 key fobs are new, and they have a good (bright) light when the buttons are pushed.

Thanks

Reply to
99trooper

I'm definitely confused then. You may wish to make a trip to your local dealer to have them troubleshoot. I don't recall actually troubleshooting one of the DEI systems, so I have little advice to offer. The seven chirps indicates you've entered the programming mode.

Reply to
hyundaitech