Mileage

What sort of mileage do you get on your max, when replying please state the year and engine of your max

Reply to
Ryan Wakefield

'97 3.0 gets 26MPG avg.

Reply to
JimV

'04 3.5 6-speed stick getting 30.0. Only used on hiway though.

PQ

Reply to
Paul
96 Maxima, Automatic, 123k miles on the odometer.

29mpg on road trips

26mpg daily driving (80% highway)

My mpg went up ~15% right after I replaced a faulty knock sensor. I was hovering in the 22-23mpg range before the repair.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

"Ryan Wakefield" wrote in news:433e506b snipped-for-privacy@news.iprimus.com.au:

I have an auto 97 and get around 25mpg.

Reply to
Dave Stone

Reply to
Tom Stoeckle

'00 3.0 w/75K:

26 highway 22 otherwise

Does a fauly knock sensor throw a code? I've been disappointed with the mileage I've gotten since I've owned the car. Dealer says nothing's wrong.

I'm considering advancing the timing next time it's in to see if that helps a bit. I only use premium gas.

Reply to
Naxray

A faulty knock sensor does throw a code, but it does not light the engine light.

Reply to
E Meyer

Similar and worse numbers here. '00 SE w/53K:

26 highway 19-20 city

I only use premium gas. Colorado front range gas is oxygenated year roud, so that is not helping fuel efficiency either.

==================================================================== Khalid

khalid AT gonehiking DOT org

Reply to
See signature for email addres

Oh, and that is on a 5-spd.

==================================================================== Khalid

khalid AT gonehiking DOT org

Reply to
See signature for email addres

Dave Stone wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Correction to that, 25mpg at the worst.

I just finished a 400 mile business trip, 75% interstate driving with speeds around 80-85mph. I filled up today and averaged 27.9mpg in that time.

Reply to
Dave Stone

Since your quite a bit above seal level, perhaps you should try a bit lower octane, like 89.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

The owner's manual also says it is okay to use lower octane at 5000 feet. So I did try unleaded plus for a few months and noticed my fuel efficiency dropped. So I switched back to super. Maybe I do have a faulty knock sensor.

==================================================================== Khalid

khalid AT gonehiking DOT org

Reply to
See signature for email addres

How high above sea level are you, by the way?

CD

Reply to
Codifus

About 4940 feet.

==================================================================== Khalid khalid AT gonehiking DOT org

Reply to
See signature for email addres
2001 GLE automatic, Im getting 17city ad approximately 23 highway. The car has 47 K miles and I always run premium fuel at least 92 octane as directed by Nissan. Now that were on the subject is this as bad as I think it is or can I improve my mileage? I do not have a lead foot and am always conscious of my driving ad acceleration. Thanks.

Tony C.

Reply to
Tony Deb

Something is wrong. I have a 92 SE five speed with 204K that I bought new. I get over 30 on the road and 20 to 22 in town, and I like to accelerate. I'd have it checked out.

Reply to
bud smith

Change your engine coolant temp sensore. Pls note, there are probably 2. One sends the temp to your temp gage. The other sends your temp to your ECU. Replace that one.

My wife's 98 Altime went from 22 mpg to a more respectable 24-25 mpg when I replaced hers. These figures are with my lead foot.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

'99 SE 5 speed

28-29 highway

24-25 around town

Reply to
Doghouse Riley

'99 SE 5 speed using 89 octane fuel

28-29 highway

21-22 in suburban Chicago traffic (not fun in a 5 speed by the way)

Reply to
TY