MoonRoof 97 Maxima

Hello All,

Well, last night the moonroof would not come in, easily. When I push the button to have it slide back into the closed position only one side would move. It appeared that one side of the glass was binding up. I was able to pull that side while pressing the button to have the window close. The roof slides open fine and also opens and closes to the cracked up position.

What I am looking for is any diagrams that show the internal workings of the moonroof. Also could use instructions on how to disassemble the roof to get at the moonroof workings. My guess is that when trying to close the moonroof it is not in some sort of a guide, but when I go to open it the roof finds this guide and opens fine.

TIA, Paul

Reply to
flansp78

The cable is probably broken on one side. There is a good write up on Maxima.org with a step by step procedure (and pictures) to take out and fix the sunroof. Not for the light of heart. This is a lot of work.

Reply to
E Meyer

Thanks, I'll check out Maxima.org......

Reply to
flansp78

Are U sure it's on Maxima.org???? I went there and couldn't find it. Please point me to the proper area within maxima.org.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
flansp78

Try:

Its in the 4th gen how to's section, in the "interior and exterior" post.

Reply to
E Meyer

HOLY COW......Thanks E Meyer. I'll have to think about this fix since the car has 150K. Need to make sure the wife really wants to be able to slide open the moon roof or can get by with just cracking it up to open.

Thanks again, Paul

Reply to
flansp78