nissan maxima 2002 key stuck

well my battery died this morning and i went to jump start it with a nieghbors car as soon as i connected the positive cable the alarm went off....i realized my key wasn't in the ignition as i was so frustrated i some how forgot to insert it....so now with the key in the ignition i repeated the process the alarm did the same thing????now the bigger problem is my one and only key is stuck in the ignition and cannot be removed????has anyone experianced this of have a sugguestion on wat it might be...im going to get a battery but that wont be till tonight so i hope that works meanwhile i have to sit in my car all day as i cant take the key out to lock my doors...any help/sugguestions very much appreciated!!!-Curtis

Reply to
oc_skinhead_420

That sucks. I can't offer any help ith regards to getting the key out of the ignition, but a suggestion about securing your car...Assuming you have a keyless remote: Deatch the remote from the key and use the keyless remote to lock/unlock the vehicle. Beats sitting in your car all day.

Good luck

Reply to
aly78

for any one who experiances this prolem i got it fixed....on the above note.. no i wish i had keyless ebtry but thanx!!!wat i did was get a new battery hooked it up and alarm was going off since key was already stuck in ignition i started the vehicle and put it in drive then back in park this reactivated the shifting release w/e..(sorry not to car literate) therfore releasing my key...the alarm was still going off though...so i disconected the battery and shut all doors and so on then reconnected the battery when the alarm when off i unlocked the door with the key therfore deactivating the alarm!!!! I HOPE THIS CAN HELP SOME NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I EXPERIANCED!!!!!-Curtis

Reply to
oc_skinhead_420