New fog lights

I've got a '91 SE and the factory fogs are completely destroyed. I've still got the mounting brackets, and I'm looking to put some new fogs on the car. I don't want to get replacements from Nissan because of 2 things, they're too expensive, and they don't look that good.

Three pieces of info would be helpful.

One, is it OK to use the existing wiring harnesses and existing switch in the car? Most lights I've seen are rated for 12V, 55W. Will the existing setup handle that?

Two, I haven't seen how the existing bracket is going to work with some of the fogs I've looked at from AutoZone and another local auto parts store. None of the holes line up. Is mounting aftermarket fogs a problem on the

3rd Gen Max?

Three, are there any particular brands/models that you would recommend/avoid? I'm looking for fog lights that actually provide better lighting. I'm less interested in the 'coolness' factor. And what color is best? Blue, white, yellow?

Thanks for the info.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

Bill, I replaced the bulbs and eventually the fogs on my old 93 SE. The bulbs are H3 55W, so you should be set for whatever aftermarket you buy.

No recommendation on what to replace them with.. they do rust out pretty quick, but I liked the OEM fogs for their looks.

"Bill G" wrote:

Reply to
Pat