No reverse

My girlfriend dropped the front driver's side wheel off the curb backing out of our driveway, and now the car (an automatic '93 Nissan Maxima) will no longer move in reverse. Our neighbor said something about the "linkage" being broken. Is there a separate linkage for each gear?

The car seem to move OK in "drive". If we can push the car out into the street, is it safe to drive to the shop? Or should we just get it towed?

Reply to
Jeremy Leipzig

My girlfriend dropped the front driver's side wheel off the curb backing out of our driveway, and now the car (an automatic '93 Nissan Maxima) will no longer move in reverse. Our neighbor said something about the "linkage" being broken. Is there a separate linkage for each gear?

The car seem to move OK in "drive". If we can push the car out into the street, is it safe to drive to the shop? Or should we just get it towed?

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

Or at least don't marry her. My cars did much better after the first wife ran off.

JM

Reply to
JM