oil leak

Hi,

I own a 1996 Maxima with the same oil leak problem that you describe.

-- Annette M. Sneed

Reply to
Annette Sneed

I have no idea what "oil leak" you are talking about, but the oil pressure sending unit (located on the pan) leaks on both my 96 and my 97, a drop or so per day (actually night,,,like parked over night......) it's a cheap fix, but do it when you change the oil, or you will have a mess on your hands. After draining the pan, replace the sending unit. I have replacements for both of mine, I just keep forgetting to do it when the pan is empty. That's how big a deal it is to me..... Hope this helps, because like I said the original post is gone, and I really don't know what oil leak you are talking about. I just know this is a common one on the 4th gens. bitsbucket

Reply to
Bitsbucket