1995 Maxima GXE Wheel alternatives

I have a 1995 Maxima GXE. Currently my snow sires are mounted on Steel Rims, with hubcaps.

Every year I have been changing the snow tires and summer tires, back and forth. I have been told that this does no harm, but it seems to me that the bead in the edge of the tire must be getting worn with all this stretching.

In any event, I thought that this spring I would have the summer tires mounted on some good looking wheels. I have been looking for some specifications on what I need, ie; bolt pattern, offset and the like, the stuff that keeps the tires in the proper place on the vehicle.

So, I'd like to know the specs, I'd also like to know if any other cars wheels would fit the Maxima un-modified.

I currently have Yokohama Avid Touring Tires, 205 65 15, so I want to mount those on some nice looking wheels.

If anyone has some opinions on the matter, even suggestions of wheels to look at, let me know.

Regards, rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Your best bet is ebay. All Maxima/Altima/Infinity I30 wheels will fit. I would assume that even 350z wheels might work (check that 1st). There are some great deals on 17 and 18's that are factory off of newer Maximas on Ebay. I think I saw a set of 2003 or 2004 17's going for like 500 or 600 bucks the other day.

stretching.

Reply to
Warner Crump

Scratch the ebay thing. I was just looking in the Maxima.org forum for wheels and tires. Some real good deals in there. Take a look.

Reply to
Warner Crump

When I first got my 95 Maxima SE (May 94), extra SE wheels were $295 each. So for competition tires I used J30 takeoffs which were $45 each from tirerack.com at the time (Q45 wheels also fit an were $40 each). I imagine there are plenty of 95-99 Maxima/I30 alloy wheels around now, although, some of them are 16".

Reply to
David Efflandt

Reply to
Stuuder