Re: Clockspring for 1996 GLE

More likely is the plastic buttons on the pedals that actuate the switches. That or a bad switch is all I've ever seen go wrong.

Reply to
Steve T

A bit? :-)

Take it to someone who understands automotive electrical systems. I've never heard of "the clockspring" failing on a nissan. I wouldn't assume the door light have nothing to do with the other problems either. The cig lighter fuse on an RX-7 will kill power to the A/C compressor relay so anything is possible.

Reply to
Steve T

Nope. Not at all.

Main swithch of the Cruise Control can be turned ON, but pressing its buttons on the wheel does not make any difference. Does not work.

Reply to
Vladimir

then the problem is not with the clock spring, like Steve mentioned , the problem lies with one of the pedal actuated switches or the rubber buttons that depress them

Reply to
NissTech

Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate your responds.

I just realized that I didn't tell you one more bit of information: the klaxon is not working too. So, I guess the full picture would be:

- there is no sound when I press the klaxon

- there is no Airbag light when I'm starting the car or when I drive

- Cruise Control buttons do not work while the main switch is ON

I could add that doors light are dead too but I don't think those could be related in any way to my main consern -- the Airbags (and to Cruise Control)

What would you think now?

Reply to
Vladimir