95 GLE Struts

What is the lifespan of the original struts?

Reply to
RandyNicklaus

Unpredictable. Could be 30,000. Could be 70,000.

At some point, they go. Depends on your tolerance. Certainly anything approaching mileage of 6-figures is shot, and new ones would make a world of difference.

JM

Reply to
JM

Thanks. I was looking through newgroups and couldn't find anyone saying anything about their struts. so I thought maybe the clunks I am starting to hear were something else.

Reply to
RandyNicklaus

Clunks could also be front end issues, like tie rod ends. They are more common on Nissans than struts IME. The struts seem to go a good long time. Jack up the front end ON JACK STANDS and start wiggling stuff.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

I forgot to mention, check each strut for oil leaking. That would be dangerous and calls for immediate replacement.

JM

Reply to
JM