Rear Brakes 2001 Max

I tried to replace the rear rotors and pads yesterday. I could not get the rotors off the rear hub. I removed the hub and rotor and still could not separate them. Two questions,

  1. Do you have to remove the hub lock nut to remove the rotor?

  1. Are the rotor and hub one piece?

I can only assume that the hub was rusted tight to the rotor. After removing the entire assembly as a Nissan tech told me, I could not see why the rotor did not slip off. The Nissan Service Manual sucks because it does not even deal with rotor replacement.

Reply to
RichW

They do sometimes rust in place. You'll need to pound the heck out of it to break the rust seal. I used a rubber deadblow hammer. After a few minutes it broke loose. There's also threaded holes in the rotor. They're there so that you can insert the proper size metric bolt and as you tighten it down it will break the rotor loose. Either way will work.

Reply to
Dan

Thanks. The OEM rotors did not have bolt holes. That would have made it possible.

Reply to
RichW

Your sure? My OEM rotors do...

Reply to
Dan

Snipped> >

I looked again no bolt holes. The front rotors have them.

RW

Reply to
RichW