Replacement alternator failing after 10k

97SE 5sp. 110k. I had my alternator replaced last winter when I received my recall notice. Now it's making noises that may mean it's failing already.

When I go back to the dealer to have it diagnosed, do I have a case to have them replace it under warranty since it didn't even last a year? If Nissan won't replace it under warranty, I will myself. Where should I get a replacement, and should I get a refurbished one?

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

check your paperwork that you got when they did the alternator. it should tell you what sort of warranty it came with.

Reply to
Brian

Well here's the deal. Dealers warranty the alternators for 90days. Refurbished ones from the parts store are warrantied for life and a lot cheaper. If they won't replace it, get a refurbished one and if it ever fails you won't have to pay again.

Reply to
<whatever>

I sure would ask for a brand new Nissan replacment. If given a no I would contact Nissan customer service. dk

Reply to
Dave Kind

I will check my paperwork. Thanks for the help everyone - I think it still helps to know what other owners have managed to get out of Nissan service. Dealers often 'misinterpret' these things and somehow it's always to their advantage.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman