SRS Light - 98 SE

The dealer wants me to install a new airbag in my driver's seat. This airbag has been replaced 16 months ago.

How can it wear out? I haven't used it once. Is there a connection or sensor chip or other problem that can be a quick and cheap repair.

MVG

Reply to
VanG

has been replaced 16 months ago.

chip or other problem that can be a quick and cheap repair.

Reset the light by doing the following sequence. No, this won't disable your airbag and if the light comes on later there may really be a problem. But many people have done this and the light never came back on:

- Turn the ignition switch to 'on' but don't start the car.

- Press the dome light switch in the door jamb seven times within 10 seconds.

- Turn off the ignition switch.

- Start the car. The light should turn off after a few seconds.

Reply to
Dan

Tell your dealership to have the tech check the Nissan ASIST program.

This problem is well documented, all that is needed is an extension to the harness that goes to the drivers side impact air bag module.

You probably did not need a new air bag in the first place so I hope you did not have to pay for it, sorry for delivering the bad news

airbag has been replaced 16 months ago.

sensor chip or other problem that can be a quick and cheap repair.

Reply to
NissTech

Just as a matter of interest, what was the problem here? Was it that the original harness was too short and a connector pulling apart, or what?

Reply to
Microstar

Thanks Dan, Worked like a charm!

Reply to
VanG

if all you did was manipulate the door pin switch , the chances are better than 50/50 that the light will come back on.

you basically did not "fix" a thing

I guess the SRS system is not that important to you to have it working up to it's full potential... That's cool dude... I know that mine is 100% operational and my chances of surviving are better that yours.

Reply to
NissTech