Stop Light Permanently On

Hi, I own a Nissan Maxima 92, I was trying to fix the problem with the power locks, and when i was able to determine the solution i closed all and left everything as it was before, but, for some reason the stop lights don't turn off, I retired the fuse so the lights are off but i really need to know why the lights don't turn off themselves when i put the fuse again. The brake isn't locked and the car works very well. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
fenix_jn

The rubber stopper on the pedal that pushes on the pin of the stop light switch is missing. Look under the dash for the switch that operates off the brake pedal and you'll see a hole in the bracket, there's supposed to be a rubber plug in that hole. Either get one from the dealer (easy to install) or rig up something to cover the hole (more work).

Reply to
Steve T

there is a little rubber stopper that has rotted away and needs to be replaced.

The stopper depresses the brake light switch, get under the dash near the brake pedal and look up, you might see the problem

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks, I found the part (and the broken cap in the floor). I will replace it ASAP

Reply to
fenix_jn