suspension

i just got new struts and tires all around my car, but the ride is still extremely rough, any ideas why, and are there shocks along with the struts. another question is at low speeds braking and accelerating sometimes makes a slight click noie, it doesnt affect anything but its annoying, any ideas? thanx

Reply to
MIjo27

Hmmmm . . . New struts followed by a clicking sound when accelerating or braking at low speeds. I'll put my money on something being loose or improperly assembled. If the sound becomes more pronounced over time I suggest taking it back to the shop ASAP. Could be a safety concern . . .

BTW: My 2000 GLE has almost 100K miles on it and I'm starting to notice that the suspension is getting mushy. Any suggestions as to which struts to go with/avoid. Thanks

Reply to
Feynmanfan

Reply to
Pat

hey thanx guys regarding the noise, i should have mentioned before, the noise occured before and still occurs after installation. its feels like it is directly underneath me when brakin or accelerating sometimes. i dont think it has anything to do with the struts.

Reply to
MIjo27

I just took my 02 Maxima SE to the dealership because of a rubbing/rattling noise. The dealership told me the driver side front strut was the culprit and would cost $540 to replace. Needless to say I wasn't going to pay that much when I could replace all four springs and struts for about $700-$800.

After doing further research on the Internet I discovered one maxima owner had similar noises. He examined his front suspension and noticed the top coil of his springs were rubbing. His fix was cheap and easy. He bought 1/2" vinyl tubing, cut it spirally and wrapped it around the spring where it was rubbing. He said there was no more noise after this fix and improved his NVH.

MIjo27 wrote:

Reply to
KL

Reply to
John Smith

okay so if anyone can let me anythign about a clicking noise underneath my car, not in the front or the back but almost directly underneath.

Reply to
MIjo27