Thanks for Dan and everyone else (was maxima 95 won't start)

Well after taking my starter in and tested fine I took in the battery which came out bad. Put a new one in and it starts. Still going to replace the cable, I think its just the area around the post that is bad. Hopefully I can find a cheaper way to mend this area and not have to pay the $66 for a Nissan cable. Next time I'll test the battery first, but being a car repair newbie it was kinda fun taking the starter out and getting my hands dirty.

So thanks again for all the help.

Jesse

Reply to
Jesse Skeens

seems to be working now. disconnected the battery, waited

10 minutes or so and reconnected. did the sequence, still flashing. so then i turn the ignition so the dahs lights coem up but wait to see what the airbag light does. its stays on and then turns off, for good. so then i start her up a few times and it seems to be fixed.

Reply to
Jesse Skeens

Congratulations on fixing your own car. Now, go to the dealer and ask them how much replacing the starter and cable would have cost if they had done it. Make sure you include labor and parts. Take that money--which will be a substantial amount--and put it away or enjoy yourself with a night on the town.

Reply to
HawkinsDar