Type of Brakes for Maxima

Quick question, I am considering Raybestos brakes for the Maxima. Are they good enough? If not, what does everyone elses use?

Reply to
paulf

john smith

I have Raybestos ceramic pads on right now. I shelled out the extra cash for them because they were supposed to be quieter. I could never get semi-metallics to not whine on this car with any arrangement of goop and vibration shims.

At any rate, they are marginally quieter than semi-metallic, and my hubcaps stay a lot cleaner.

Reply to
Joe

I'm using Raybestos Quietstop QS pads. Only $45 at rockauto.com (almost twice that at autozone). They dust minimally and have good stopping power. Best of all, they have shims included and is as quiet as the name says.

CW

Reply to
CW