Voltage charge for 2000 Nissan Maxima SE

Can anyone tell me how many volts the system should charge at while the car idles? I have heard different numbers, anywhere from 12.5 to

14.0, from multiple sources.

Thanks!

Reply to
bchurgin

The voltage measured shouldn't change from idle to revved up. That's why alternators are such a great invention. You should measure over

14 volts output at all time. My experience is that if it's less than about 13.8, something's goofy.

My 2000 Maxima gives me over 14 at all times..

Good luck.

Reply to
Chuck In Dallas