Water/Gasoline leak in 2000 Maxima

I'd like some help diagnosing my problem. I just bought a 2000 Maxima GXE, and the cabin smells a little of gasoline. I tried sniffing the gas in the fuel tank and it smells different, so I'm not actually sure it's gasoline or the residual scent from a car perfume. How would I figure out where the gas leak, if there is one, is coming from, and also, does this car have a history of such problems?

Also, there is some fluid leaking from the left rear part of the car, ahead of the bumper by a foot or so. It seems to leak only after I've recently driven it. It is clear, doesn't smell of gasoline, has the consistency of water, and has no odor. What might this be and where is it coming from?

Reply to
pskbae