WTB: Sunvisor with the HomeLink

Thx for looking.

I have a '96 i30, tan interior. It has the "HomeLink" thingie in the driver's sunvisor, but it's the older HomeLink that does not work with the newer Genie "rolling code" receiver. According to the HomeLink website, I will have to have one from a 97 or newer car.

Thanks,

Keith

kgvickers 'at' charter 'dot' net

Reply to
Keith G. Vickers

You may want to investigate that further. I have a 97, and following the instructions to code my rolling code opener has not been successful. Consider a newer one.

Do the 5th gens have an interchangeable visor?

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

I never could get my 95 to work with anything. My 97 and 01 have worked perfectly with a liftmaster and a wayne dalton system. Also works great with the controlled access gate at the condos where I live.

Reply to
David

Its true. The '96 homelink won't work on the rolling code doors. I believe the visors are interchangeable with newer ones from '97 - '99 models. Don't know if the 2000 and newer visor is still the same shape. I have both a '96 and a '97. The '97 will open the rolling code door on my daughter's garage and the '96 will not. The programming cards that came with the two cars are different.

We had no problem cod> You may want to investigate that further. I have a 97, and following the

Reply to
E. Meyer

I've tried a few times using the directions in the manual. Did you find that the procedure was correct in the end?

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

The procedures for programming the car worked correctly. The confusion was in how to make the garage accept the new transmitter without erasing all the other ones it already knew. It was a question of exactly when to push the button on the opener and how long it should be held in.

Reply to
E. Meyer

You momentarily push the button on the garage door unit & then push the transmitter button while the LED is still lit (30 sec),(many directions do not explain it this way). If you hold the button on the unit until the LED beside it goes out (about 6 sec) all the memory is erased.

Doordoc

Reply to
Doordoc

Here are a couple more tips. If you are doing 2 doors side by side and want to program a different button for each door. Do the first door then unplug the motor from the ceiling socket and program the second door on another button. After the second one is done plug the motor unit back in for the first door.

Make sure you start with a factory remote that came with your door motor.Homelink doesn't respond to cheapie universal replacement remotes.

Geesaman"

Reply to
David