Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

94 Maxima Autotransmision switch position?
hi there what position do u guys switch the Automatic Transmission position too? Max manual says P - power , A-auto ,C-comfort... i usually put it on A, is there any drawbacks on putting on "P" all...

94 Maxima A/C question.
hi new to group question, how long will an A/C loose its charge ,in the case that theres a Leak?? i found some oil /dirt on the A/C aluminum tube going to the firewall... although it look like its...
1
1

Various Pre-Painted KT3 Sterling Mist 1999 Nissan Maxima Parts
Hello, I was searching online for someone who may be able to provide me with a few parts I am looking for. I am looking for the following pre-painted parts for up to the specified amount including...
1
1

bose speaker
I have a 99 maxima GLE and the driver's side front "satelite" speaker (up near the window) is crackling. I can't for the life of me find a replacement or any information on it anywhere on the...
2
2

1995 Maxima ODB-II connector
I read in this newsgroup that the 1995 Maxima is ODB-II compliant. The ODB-II connector is female with two rows of 8 contacts. I found a female connector with a lot of fuses behind a little door under...
1
1

Exhaust replacement DIY?
Hi, My 1996 Max's exhaust system is currently held together by a few cable ties due to the various hangears having rusted out. Actually the whole system after the catalytic converter looks badly...
3
3

Feasibility of AHL/DRLs
I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima GLE. Drives wonderful, just shy of 32000K. Anyway, no problems to speak of but I found this on eBay (of course) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it...

O2 sensor problems
Hi all. I'm have some O2 sensor problems that have stumped me. First, my car is a 2000 Maxima, California emissions. The O2 sensor in question is bank 1, post-cat. This sensor has been replaced a...
12
12

97 SE (STD)OBDII system reports "Not Ready"
I have a 97 Maxima SE (STD). The OBDII system reports "Not Ready". Even after initiating the manual's Readiness For Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) Test Process. Are there any recalls for my car that...
7
7

wiper blades
does anyone have a report on silicone wiper blades. Are they any good??? -- boots
6
6

How to get a key code, since nissan has now archived my Code?
Hi folks..... I recently lost my car keys (kids probably mis-placed my keys) and normally I can call up the Nissan dealer and request for the key code for my 1996 Nissan Maxima, but today when I...
3
3

Can't start after new battery
Hi, I'm trying to install a new battery on my 1996 Nissan Maxima. I hook up the positive terminal (red) first, and then the negative (black). The horn immediately starts beeping (horn, not alarm), and...
4
4

stallin out after idling for a few minutes
i have a 1984 nissan maxima with a 2.4 v6{slant 6} im trying to find out why it stalls out after it idles for a few minutes i have it narrowed down to 3 possibilities fuel injectors,fuel pump or...
8
8

Alternator/Battery Problem
My 98 Maxima has 200,000 miles on it and has never had a problem until this week. The alternator and then the battery died. They were both replaced and ran fine for 24 hours. Now the car won't start,...
4
4

87MAXIMA -sunroof -gasket picture
The sunroof on my 87 MAXIMA is leaking water into the cab. My owners manual shows a body mounted gasket on all four sides of the roof opening. My actual sunroof opening only has a strip of gasket...
1
1