Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

99 maxima gle - noise from front right wheel
Hello all, I have a 99 maxima gle with little over 73K. Right after Midas replaced ball joints about a month ago, a noise started in the right front wheel. The best way to describe it is baseball...
9
9

Repairs for diagnostic code P0420
The check engine light in our 2001 Nissan Maxima came on and the code is P0420 (Three Way Catalyst Function). I took it to the dealer and they said that the ECU is up to date (so no reprogram is...
6
6

95 Max. Cruise Control not working
I have a 1995 Maxima & the cruise control is not working, I can turn the switch on the dash board & it lights up but when I try to set the button on the steering wheel it wont set the speed or light...
4
4

Check engine light on...is this serious?
I have a 1995 Maxima GLE with 151K miles. The check engine light (yellow-orange light at bottom right end of instrument cluster) came on yesterday and I looked it up in the owner's manual and all it...
5
5

2002 Maxima 20th Aniv.
My backup light is not working. How does this circuit work? Wiring, bulbs and fuses are ok. How do I check if the switch in the tranmission is ok if there's one. Or is there any else I can check?...
1
1

1999 Nissan Maxima noise while driving
Most cars, as brake pads worn out, usually gets noise when hitting brake but my 99 Maxima is vice versa. I hear the squeezing nosie while driving but the noise stops when I apply brake. Anyone knows...
9
9

Any suggestions on getting new floormats for '02 SE?
Nothing fancy just factory-like replacements are OK. Wore a hole in the old ones from my heel near the accelerator pedal. I've got a pad under it now to save the carpet but would like to just have a...
5
5

96 GXE front end popping intermittently
96 GXE (automatic), 126k. Front end brakes were recently redone, calipers are free & clean too. axles/CV's have both been done in the last 12k miles (drivers side done probably 5-6k ago), so i dont...
2
2

1987 maxima drivers window
my driver side window has quit working in its in the "down" position and the window motor has been working on and off for the past three years when it goes down or up, the motor sounds strong, but...
1
1

Terrible mileage 99 GLE
Anybody suggest why? I only put about 4K on the car since I bought it 1-3/4 years ago with 92K on it. I mostly drive around town, but also take the freeway to "blow it out". Lately I notice the needle...
19
19

sweet paint
check out the maxima at the paint on this maxima at anybody who has a 200sx might enjoy the videos

Struts, mounts, bearings, and?
On my 99 GLE with 91K miles, I'm about to replace the front struts & insulators, and the rear struts. I'm probably getting KYB GR-2 struts. Is there a good write-up somewhere? Would you post links?...
1
1

2000 Maxima electric seat problem
Wife just called me here at work and said she was goin out somewhere, tried to put seat forward(I drove it last and had it all the way back) and the seat will not move forward, it will go up/down/...
5
5

'97 starter noise
My 1997 Maxima recently started making a noise when I start it up. It doesn't always happen and it's unpredictable. After the car starts and I release the key there's sometimes a half-second or a...
6
6

How to replace Stop Light/ASCD Switch on 2000 I30
I need to replace the stop lamp switch. I just got the part from the dealer the other day but can't figure out how to install it. First of all, the dealer warned me that the first and easiest to get...