106 1.4 and 1.5 injection pumps

I have a 1.5 diesel 106 and my injection pump is dead.

Does any one know if a 1.4 injection pump will fit straight on. A friend of mine has crashed his 1.4 you see and i can get it really cheap

many thanks

Reply to
jamespugman

of mine has crashed his 1.4 you see and i can get it really cheap

What do you mean, dead? Have you checked the cut off solenoid, fuel filter etc?

It is very unlikely that the two pumps are interchangable, at least because they would be calibrated differently.

Brian.

Reply to
brian

Hi,

I don't know where you are (country) but

is nearmy home and I hope that they would send pieces of crashed cars ... likepump...

@+

YorgeV.

"jamespugman" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

of mine has crashed his 1.4 you see and i can get it really cheap

Reply to
YorgeV ADSL

checked solenoid with one from another mates car. no difference. bypassed the filter no difference.

some seal must be banjaxed inside or other.

Im guessing pumps are expensive ?

anu body know the going rate.

Reply to
jamespugman