Mk5 Fiesta (53) Engine swap

A friend of mine has sourced a cheap Puma engine (1.7 Vct, all the gubbings) and wants me to fit it to his Fiesta.

It's a 53 plate 1.4 Duratec. I presume the wiring differences between the Duratec and Zetec-SE engines are very different? I've done this conversion on a Mk4 Fiesta without issue, but how does the Mk5 compare? (Tim?).

The main things I think that may be a ball ache would be the wiring and fuel lines. AFAIK the Duratec 1.4 doesn't have a return line, correct?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Hmm, well had he been doing a Mk4 - Mk4 swap, its easy enough as the engine bay loom is separate from the rest of the car, and by-and-large just plugs in, so its easy.

I have no idea about the mk5!

You are right in saying that the mk5 doesnt have a return line, and that its pressure regulated by a remote reg. You should be easily able to alter the

1.7's fuel rail to make it remote reg'd though.

Obviously he would need to transplant the 1.7's ECU , and ignition barrel, and use the 1.7's keys (so the immobilzer disengages...)

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..