106 D cigarette lighter

I have a 106 Mardi Gras diesel and want to fit a cigarettes lighter (power source for phone charger etc). There is a space for it on the dash, can anyone tell me if it's a difficult job for a total amateur? Many thanks,

Colin

Reply to
smith1015

Hi,

It shouldn't be a problem. Remove the plastic plate which hides the cig. lighter hole (should be in the ashtray), you'll find the wiring & connector around here too (you'll need to remove the ashtray, but that's not a big job). I'm pretty sure it's the same job on a 106 than on a 205 - done that on my '93 Junior.

HTH, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

It was 1995 when I did ours, so the details are a bit hazy :-) All the wiring is in place (there is a connector behind the hole that just plugs into the lighter), but as I remember you have to pull the big bit of fascia plastic that surrounds the lighter hole (and radio, etc) forward enough to fit the lighter behind it (the lighter is sandwiched between that and the frame of the dashboard). It's not a difficult or long job, but you need to undo a few screws to get that fascia either fully removed or loose enough to be able to slide the lighter behind it.

Again, from memory, there are a couple of screws in the ashtray, removing these you may have enough "give" in the fascia to do the job (that was how I did ours, but be careful not to pull the plastic too hard). To give you more space, you can pull off the ventilation fan control knob and remove the screw under there, pull the ventilation control knobs straight out, then the plate that they sit on (printed with the blue/red temperature etc) will come off, then another couple of screws beneath that let you pull the facia far enough forward to do the job easily. The hardest part is pulling off the ventilation fan control knob - I used a piece of card inside the jaws of some pliers to give me the grip needed without damaging the plastic surface.

Matt

Matthew Haigh

All of the above, plus you should get the proper peugeot cigar lighter socket, as it fits better, though it does cost a bit more.

Reply to
Brian

Many thanks for the advice, I will visit local Peugeot dealer then give it a go. Colin

Reply to
smith1015