106 immobiliser code

Hi I have a P reg 106 wich I have passed on to my daughter, she tried to enter the wrong immobiliser code more than once locking the immobiliser out. I have dissconected the battery and reconected but when I punch in the right code the green light comes on but the red light stays on and the car wont start can I reenter the code or will it need unlocking by a dealer. Any ideas. Thanks Pete

Reply to
peter h via CarKB.com

Long shot here but from my Xantia manual:-

"After three attempts the keypad operation will be blocked. To free the keypad switch on the ignition and wait 1 minute. Switch off the ignition and wait a further 30 minutes for the keypad to be released. A further attempt at entering the security code may be made."

Reading a bit further I come across this

First Programme of the Code

Ignition on enter 1111 press key C enter your personal 4 figure code press C to validate

Reply to
Malc

Hi Malc tried your longshot to no avail gave it one more try and bingo the car started. Many thanks pete.

Reply to
peter h via CarKB.com