106 zest 3 timing belt

i have a peugeot 106 zest 3 and am wondering what the crack is with getting the timing belt changed? at what mileage should i be considering a replacement? thanks

Reply to
jenster

"jenster" wrote: > i have a peugeot 106 zest 3 and am wondering what the crack is > with getting the timing belt changed? at what mileage should i > be considering a replacement? thanks xx

it is said that you should change the timing belt every 30,000 miles and once you have had it changed you should have it readjusted after

200miles. if you are compitant in doing it your self tell me what engine you have in your car and i will tell you how you do it. but if it diesel i cant help you as i dont touch diesel.
Reply to
mememe

readjust? since when is the tensioner not self adjusting anymore? changing it on a diesel only implies that you have to bear the diesel pump in mind, non other than the normal procedure ( waterpump cogs rols etc

30.000 miles seems a very short interval though as it is 80.000 on the HDi engine
Reply to
Marc

Hi,

Right, I'd assume at least 50,000 miles or 5 years (at first term). Better having a ring to a Pug dealer.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

96000 on the hdi
Reply to
mindwipe

there you have it

Reply to
Marc

The Haynes manwell is in the boot of SWMBO's 106 at the moment and she's at work so I can't check. From memory though I thought it was around 72k or possibly 60k. We had the belt changed after we bought the car with 70k on the clock because there was no history with it.

Reply to
Malc

Try 72,000 or 4 years ???? ffs

Reply to
LAZY1 via CarKB.com

For f*ck's sake, right back at ya.

Why have you blundered in here to shout your mouth off ? What's with the attitude ?

Reply to
Nom