206 and TomTom GPS

I've just got a 206 and I have an ipaq 3870 PDA. I wanted to get Tom Tom Navigator for it but I was always led to believe that I would also need an external ariel for it to work. However, the other day I plugged in a friend's Tom Tom Go on the windscreen and it worked a treat. If I get Tom Tom Navigator Bluetooth for my PDA will it work without an external ariel? And if I get a Globalsat BT-338 SiRF star III Bluetooth GPS Receiver would that get around the problems? Any guidance welcome. R.

Reply to
rowan_bridge

Hi regarding the g.p.s you will be ok if you DONT have a heat reflective screen as the satellites cant see the unit if it worked with the tomtom you should be ok regards noall

Reply to
noall

"" wrote: > Hi regarding the g.p.s you will be ok if you DONT have a heat > reflective > screen as the satellites cant see the unit if it worked with > the tomtom > you should be ok > regards noall

I have both and yes it works perfectly with no problems.

Reply to
joshuasugarman