New 307 and GPS

Hi People,

About to go pick up my new 307 St.car at the end of this week, i would like some recommendations as far as navigations systems go.

  1. I have been looking into the TomTom Go 500/700, but is it true that an external antenna is an absolute "must"? I heard that the Tomtom Go "One" can work without external through the coated windscreen. Any word on that?

  1. I have heard that the existing radio antenna can actually work as an external GPS antenna. I believe i saw someone on the internet citing his instruction manual. Anyone know if this is true? Anyone with experience?

  2. Mounting. I would just die (or just about) to see some pictures of Tomtom Go's (or other devices) mounted in a 307. I want to minimize cable clutter, so any suggestions/pictures/advice would be much appreciated. I am looking into the Tomtom Permanent Docking kit, also.

Anyways. Have been driving a Citroën for about four years now, having had nothing but trouble with it, so I'm looking forward to getting back to a Pug. :-)

Thanks J. Jespersen Denmark

Reply to
Jeppe Jespersen

They work on completely different frequencies so the basic answer will be no. However, if the GPS signal is strong enough and the receiver sensitive enough it would not be impossible get something. However, I doubt it.

Reply to
Peter Chant

I have a zafira with a heat reflective screen. my 'old' pda setup would not work on the dash, I had to place the receiver near a side window. However I now have the Tom-tom one and this picks a signal up perfect through the windscreen. in fact its so sensitive I can also get a signal inside the house!

Reply to
Mark

I note that the manual for the 407 states that there is a place to the side of the rear view mirror to place electronic toll widgets.

Reply to
Peter Chant

The little Garmin i3 works perfectly in the side window of the 307, but not in the windscreen. It's a bit inconvenient (when you open the door) if you plug it into the power socket, but not if you use battery power.

Androo

Reply to
androo