206 D speedometer

Hi,

A friend of mine has the following problem : the speedometer locks at about

120KPH whatever speed he moves. That's pretty annoying. For the moment we don't know if it's the sensor, or the speedometer. Unfortunately I haven't found any control box using the spare parts CD, needless to say I don't have the car around here.

This 206 is a '99 Diesel (N/A), non-mux'd.

Any thoughts anyone ?

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T